Monday 22 February 2010

Dream Girls - Contemporary Portraiture

Two of my favourite models, the lovely Rhea and Thalia recently took part in a photoshoot to promote the website of irish tutorial agency Grinds Tutors. In between the required pictures of the girls studying and playing the violin, we took some natural light contemporary portrait shots just for fun. The look I was going for was a vintage dreamy feel, of the sort you usually find in Robert Redford films of the 1960s and 1970s (think Barefoot in the Park, the Great Gatsby, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid) - it's a look I love. I used an 85mm 1.8 lens, and natural light from the window to rimlight the portaits. Once I had the look I wanted in camera, I needed to vintage-ise it. In this case I played around with a fantastic preset from the website Lightroom Library, which provides a rich red tone to the shadows and some vintage cross processing (take a look at the "Organik" preset). More of my contemporary portaiture can be found on my portait photography website, Cocoa Rose Boutique Photography.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like them

Rhea

xxxx